- ACMA MNO Base Station location maps for Australia
- Mobile Networks Experience Report Australia Apr. 2023, New Zealand May 2023.
- OpenSignal Reports, Australia, New Zealand, latest 5G user experience report.
- 5G Coverage Maps
- List of Australian accredited testing houses. Enter “telecommunications” in the search box.
For NZ: Telepermit list of recognised testing Labs.
- Telstra Wireless Application Development Guidelines
- Telstra List of Approved Modules and Integrated Devices.
- Spark Cellular IoT/M2M Certified Embedded Modules and Integrated Devices.
- Worldwide Operators Network frequency check
- Global Mobile Frequencies Database
- Wikipedia list of world-wide LTE networks.
- GSMA Worldwide Operator coverage maps.
- 5G mmWave bands in Australia – ACMA Spectrum Auction outcome.
- World-wide list of MNO IDs, Mobile Country Codes (MCC) – Mobile Network Codes (MNC) here (click on MCCMNC link – also decode MSISDN), and here, and here.
- Sunsetting of RATs (radio access technologies 2G, 3G, 4G etc.): link1, link2.
- Index of APNs used by operators worldwide.
- ACMA Five Year Outlook for Australia Spectrum Work.
- Joint AWS/STM/Quectel/Telstra online IoT workshop (BG95)
- Primer videos on LwM2M and CoAP.
- Non-IP data delivery and general GSMA note on LPWAN security network features such as Data over NAS (DoNAS) and Non-IP Data Delivery (NIDD).
- CAT.M1 (LTE-M) and NB IoT summary.
- Difference between CAT.M1 and NB IoT.
- 3G, 4G Learning Resources
- Free 5G Training
- 5G Primer Video
- 5G White Paper, Wireless Access -Ericsson
- 5G Terms and Acronyms (Keysight)
- Getting started on NB IoT, see link to part 2 also. (using BC66, but also applies to BC660K-GL)
- Future of LPWA, along side 5G (GSMA)
- History of cellular radio
- GSM Association: Internet Of Things.
- GSMA – features to be supported in 3GPP release 13, 14, for LTE-M and NB IoT.
- Good summary of NB IoT Release 13 features.
- 3GPP Release 15 features.
- Australia Goverment guide: Securing IoT devices for consumers. Also ETSI document on same subject.
- What is the meaning of Band 28A and Band 28B? Note that Telstra and Optus LTE are included in B28A range.
- LTE Technology Radio Handbook – OTA signaling
- sqimway.com: Personal site of Wireless Frequency Bands and Telecom protocols
- Voice communication in WiFi, LTE, 5G – Ericsson White paper
- What is Sidelink? Qualcomm white paper.
- 5G redcap reduced capability, the technology behind it. /// blog post. Also here, and here.
- Dreaming of 6G… See also Keysight white paper.
Technology – GNSS
- Dual Frequency GNSS – and introduction to GNSS in general.
- GNSS User Technology Report 2020 – GSA – note this is updates every 2 years.
- GNSS in City Environments, improving accuracy.
- SBAS for ANZ region (SouthernPAN) – new from Sept. 2022
- Initial customer testing of SouthernPAN – mixed results..
Technology – eSIM, eUICC
- Good primer for SIM, eSIM, eUICC technology and terms
- What is eUICC, remote SIM provisioning?
- What is EID – the progress of SIMs to eUICC and multiple eUICC’s
- Roaming USIM – what is a multi-IMSI SIM?
- New standard for M2M eUICC, GSMA SGP.32 in 2023
- Quectel Discussion Forum
- Quectel on YouTube
- Quectel documentation download zone. You may need to create a login for some docs.
- Quectel Tools, Resources:
QGNSS – Quectel GNSS evaluation tool to drive our modules, see the satellite info etc.
QFlash – re-flash our cellular modules (mainly Qualcomm platforms) – choose the latest one.
QCom_V1.6 serial terminal, one button click for AT commands. Much better than re-typing commands in puTTY or terraterm.
Qnavigator – starter terminal program for those new to Quectel modules. Contains scripts to automate testing common functions such as registration, PPP, TCP, UDP, GNSS etc.
IoT And Other Online Tools/Resources
- GSMA IoT Evolution Tracker tracking the market for modules, development kits, network launches, open labs, and more
- Pepe’s UDP Echo Server
- Pepe’s TCP Echo Server
- IoT platform WIA
- IoT platform DTweet
- Frequency bands reference and EARFCN calculator , also link2, link3, link4
- NMEA-0183 Protocol
- Online Decode of GNSS location string
( GPRMC & GPGGA decoder).
- Trimble GNSS satellite constellation coverage
- Data Throughput and SIP testing. Useful Startrinity PC tool.
- Lookup Location from network data – Link1, Link2
- T3412, T3324 – PSM – at+cpsms command generator and decoder
- Pepe’s MQTT server. See the email instructions:
Smithsonian Institute – online virtual Museum. Images free to download: